Yesterday I wrote about responsibility and how it can be overwhelming when we take ownership of things that are not ours to worry about or control.
I have been pondering what responsibilities we actually have. At first the list was really long, but as I deliberated and studied it, I was able to cull it down to these five.
1. Responsible for taking care of our own bodies, and the decisions and actions we take.
2. Responsible for caring for our children and teaching them how to become responsible for themselves. Once they are adults, we are not responsible for supporting them, just loving and advising them.
3. Responsible for caring for our pets and livestock.
4. Responsible for paying our bills
5. Responsible for answering God’s call in our lives.
That’s really it. If we can keep in mind that much of our stress and feeling of duty to things outside of this are not actually our responsibility, but are a choice, then I suspect we will feel a whole lot more peace in and control of our lives. Let me know your thoughts in the comment section- I’d love to get your take on it, and hear how your journey goes.